Monday, August 13, 2007

So Imperial Palace it is...........


Thanks to Rico for letting me reside with him for a couple of days, I now fixed my problem of finding a vacation PACKAGE. Man does everything get expensive the last minute! Unfortunately for Stuart, a regular at Jim and Stacy's pokerroom, a family emergency erupted making him unable to travel with the group to Vegas. Sorry about that Stuart, next time my friend. Anyway, a special thanks to Rico again for the offer. Don't worry Rico, I don't snore.




The last few tourneys have been average, or one could say, just a little blahhhh!! For example, playing seven hours at Jim's just to take 5th place in his Jackpot tourney, almost 2 bucks an hour profit, woohoo, but its all for fun right. I guess I was lucky to get that, in fact, very lucky. Here's why.........

It was after the rebuy period had ended, I had around 24 or 25 k, average chip stack of around 40k-45k(not sure what), but anyway, I was gettin on the low side. I picked up AA under the gun when blinds were at 600/1200 i think. I limped in, the flop was K 7 J all different suites. Noone raised preflop which sucked because obviously thats what I was looking for. So anyway, both blinds checked I moved all-in because there were around 6 people in, as soon as I push...Justin starts laughing his butt off at me, the jackass hit 2 pair, so of course he called. He flipped over, he had top 2 pair, a king and a jack, I needed runner runner ace ace or another 7 at that point...........wouldn't you know both the turn and river were the remaining aces in the deck......QUADS IT IS BABY...gotta love those quad aces, it'll teach him not to laugh again! Bastard...........

So after being as low as 11k at one point...aka...a blue and black chip, I crawled my way back up to 5th place, decent i guess...could have been worse.

I wont go into detail about the last Big O tournament but I would like some feedback on a had between me and Henry. It was down to 5 players..........blinds were capped I believe or almost anyway and me and Henry were big and small blind, me being the BB. We were in the money at that point but the flop was A x x all hearts, I had the King of hearts and no pair, just the nut flush draw. Henry had me outchipped almost 2 to 1 but not quite. Henry bet out with a pretty large bet obviously protecting his ace at that point late in the game. It was just me and him in the hand, I pushed all-in with my stack, to make his call would have been most of my stack anyway, but, I either needed a fold or an all in. I ended up hitting a heart on the river for the nut flush. Was that a bad move?? I would love feedback if anybody has time to answer.......

Anyway, I guess I'll see everybody Monday in Vegas. Later guys and gals!!

No comments: