Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lucky Number Dos!!

You know, I want to first start out by saying, I'm sorry to Jim and Stacey for spilling my drink all over there PRECIOUS wood floor. No seriously, feel bad. But hey, at least I gave Jim a new idea, no carpet Jim!!

Secondly I'd like to speak on the tournament. February 23rd was the last tournament to be held at Jim and Stacey's downstairs, oh I'm gonna miss being right by the kitchen, but oh well. There were a repeated 17 of us, 2 players I haven't had the pleasure of playing with all that much, especially Ian, whom I'm never even met before, however, I ended up going heads up with both of these guys, three handed anyway. As everyone may already know, I guess one could say I was lucky for getting called with nothing but you know, its poker. Here's how the last hand went down.... I was on the BB so last to act three handed. The other Mike was first to act and Ian was SB. I was dealt pocket Queens. I raised, Ian called and the BB Mike went all-in. I smoothed called, as did Ian. The flop was all unders, I left not wanting to see the last 2 cards even though Ian and Mike had each others outs. Mike had AQ offsuite and Ian had A9 suited, I moved all-in after the flop and Ian called with Ace high, interesting. Guess he thought I was bluffing ; )....but I wasnt. No ace on turn or river.......tourny number 2 taken down, can I go for three, hell, no way, not this donkey!!


I will see everybody at Mookie's on Friday, have a good week guys!

1 comment:

RoccoBoxer said...

Good win. Just bustin' chops about the floor... I am glad you read the post. I have your cash for tomorrow.