Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Most RiDONKulous Tournament I've ever played in!


So it all started yesterday at about 7:10. Shuffle up and deal.....I'm sitting at a table with a couple of guys who I have only played with once, you can look at the Mookie's blog to find out the names. However, I'm not here to complain just to ponder what in the hell some of these players are thinkin with the cards their holding. I have compiled a list of hands that went down last night, yes I said LIST. Here they are as follows:

1.) KK verse J8 off suite(believe it or not in this hand I told the table I was moving all-in after looking at only one card, that card was a King, had no idea I had cowboys) I was called with J8 off......guess the jack was high enough huh.

2.) A4 off suite, I limp in and its me, the BB and the SB and my other favorite player at the table who of course puts a nice little beat on me.........the flop is 8 4 2 all off suite, I bet 1600(blinds were 400/800) small blind and BB folds, but wait....who calls me, yes its the guy. I have no clue. The turn is a 5, I now have 3rd pair on board, I check, he then checks, the river 3. I check, he then bets 800, I call just because of the pot size, he flips over 10 6 suited. I had a 1600 raise called by NOTHING but on the turn and river was made into a straight.

3.) AA is beat by Melissa's 6 9 off suite that also turned into a straight. And yes, I did raise pre-flop, I'm assuming she put me on AK.

4.) Yet again, I announce to the table that I am moving all-in after looking at one card, again, a King. I am called by Clara who had A6 suited, good call, I had no chips whatsoever, I think 1000 more than the Big Blind. I had a King and of course a 2. I hit my 2 on the turn, but wonderful little Clara had to take away any little glimmer of hope I had by hitting a 6 on the river.

WOOOOOHOOOOOO, wonderful game yesterday night. Clara, Melissa, and especially Mondo, just wait until I get a photo of each one of you, its getting photo shopped from hell.

I was in for 60 dollars yesterday including my buy-in for Megan, who got second, nice job btw, I'm impressed. She was nice enough to give me my ten back after finishing second for around 160 bucks.

Despite some extremely questionable plays that would have given Phil Helmuth a heart attack, it was a fun time at the Big O. That's all for now.


No comments: