Monday, September 24, 2007

Suck............Resuck..........


Yep.........not first, second, or even third, but 4th place! Its like getting a sports award in high school, honorable mention. You know, the award where everybody laughs because you were nowhere near the best.

As everybody knows, we had a field of 13 players at Mondo's this past weekend, which was my eleventh tournament of the year. It took a little while but eventually I started chipping up. The field was unusually smaller but in return, made it easier to get to the final table. So after 3 players were eliminated, the final table was formed. You can check out the final table in more detail in Mookie99's Blog. Yeah I know.....4th out of 13 seems weak but hey, it was still sixty bucks after the 40 dollar payout for 4th and the 2 bounty cards I had. Whatever, we had a good time.

There were 2 things that sucked about the whole night. The first, playing till early morning and being exhausted for the second tournament. Lastly, this being the sickest, the beat I took from Scott. It was truthfully exactly what happened to Henry the tournament before this very one with Mike Ba. It was a different flop but the hole cards for each player were the same and my emotions were exactly as Henry's but kept to myself rather than verbally expressed. Check out this video on Youtube, sick beat, it hurts to even watch! Scott, I'm coming for you son, watch your back! Ok, no more threats, you know I love you man, not in a literal sense either. After all, we do make mistakes.

After taking an honorable 4th place, we decided to get enough people and organize a second tournament. This tournament started a little after 2 AM. Yeah, play wasn't at its best here. But anyway, I again made it to the money but got knocked out first and took 3rd place. Oh well, got to play the great game of holdem.

That's all for now, hope to see everybody next weekend for more poker insanity. Later guys!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Mike... bad read on my part... thought you were just trying to make a move with 66 or 77... but a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Yea... Quit staring at my a** Homo.

Michael Allan said...

ok, i don't remember looking at anybodies ass, sorry

RoccoBoxer said...

I didn't win a single hand that 2nd tourney.

I left tilty... again.

Anonymous said...

Placed again in the second tourny? Nice job.
Mike B.